Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chicago: Classy, Modern & Active . . .


Downtown Chicago is clean and
resembles Manhattan!
In August 2012, I traveled to Chicago, Illinois for a few days.  Chicago is classy, modern and active.  The most distinct aspect I noticed was that it is the first city I have come across that resembles my native Manhattan!  It is a tad less built up than Manhattan, but appears similar from many downtown vantage points, and is noticeably clean - more so than Manhattan.

A great way to see the city is to view the skyline and downtown from varied vista points.  Key sites I recommend visiting are the Bean in Millennium Park, Agora Sculptures in Grant Park and the Shedd Aquarium.  You can see your reflection in the Bean's
Me by one of the Agora Sculptures
mirror-like surface.  The Agora Sculptures are a series of 100 replicas of legs and feet standing 9 feet tall that can be fun to walk through!

Travel Tips: Begin with a city tour and then revisit the points you find most interesting.  Capture your trip with a camcorder - nothing can better bring your experience back to life than video . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great city!

Luxury Modern Home said...

Very well written!! I miss Chicago!