Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Celebrity Sightings in NYC Metro

I met the Olsen twins in October 2008
in Manhattan
I have had the rare opportunity of meeting celebrities! I was in New York City on the afternoon of October 28, 2008 and met Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen face-to-face at Barnes & Noble in Union Square, Manhattan. It was brief, but exciting! I shook hands with Ashley. I used to watch them on "Full House" many years ago and a little bit on "Two of a Kind." Animal rights activists were outside, bearing signs labeling them as "Hairy-Kate & Trashley Olsen, the Trollsens," claiming that their clothing line uses fur obtained through mistreatment of animals. Hey, almost anything can happen in New York City. . . .

I was in Manhattan again the night of November 6, 2008 where I had the chance to meet one of my favorite stars, celebrity chef Rachael Ray! I occasionally watch her TV shows "30 Minute Meals, Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels," and "$40 a Day" on Food Network. She's young, hip, and loves to cook just like me! I made her Spanish-Style beef sliders (mini-hamburgers) with beef patties containing onion, parsley, and grill seasoning, topped with Manchego cheese from Spain, romaine lettuce, and a blended hot sauce! They were "Yum-O" as Rachael would say! She autographed her new cookbook, the "Big Orange Book" for me and signed the page in my cooking notebook where I have her recipe for Spanish sliders taped.

Me with Ian Wright of "Globe Trekker"
in February 2008 in Manhattan
I met Megan McCormick of "Globe Trekker"
in February 2008 in Manhattan
My brother & I with Travel Channel host
Samantha Brown in Manhattan in 2011
Earlier this year in February, I also had the chance to meet Ian Wright and Megan McCormick of "Globe Trekker" at the New York Times 2008 Travel Show, held at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan. "Globe Trekker" is a program aired on Travel Channel in which the traveller explores different locales around the world first-hand, seeing the sights, events, food, and meeting the locals. They offer history and information along the way. "Globe Trekker" inspires me because I aspire to travel to some of these places just like these people one day! I returned to the New York Times Travel Show in 2011 with my brother, where we met Travel Channel host Samantha Brown.

I have shook hands of J. Lo -
this is a photo I shot of her
My sister and I have also seen J.Lo live at a taping in Manhattan for the British TV show "Top of the Pops," where she sang her track "Get Right" with Fat Joe. View the picture I took of her on the right at the event. Hope all my cousins out in Leicester, Birmingham and London were watching!
Me and Lauren Conrad in March 2016 in Ridgewood, NJ

Whitney Port & I in Manhattan in November 2010
I have also met some of the stars from "the Hills," an MTV series that I watched. In April 2012, I met celebrity Lauren Conrad from the series. I shot the top left photo of her minutes after meeting her in Union Square, Manhattan. Below that photo, I am pictured with other stars from "the Hills," Whitney Port and Lo Bosworth. Make sure to read my review of "The Hills," also posted under the October 2008 section of this website under "My Reviews."

with Anthony Bourdain in Stamford, CT
with first son Ronald Reagan
(son of President Reagan)
in Ridgewood, NJ


I have also shook hands with Indian celebrity Anil Kapoor at an economic forum in Philadelphia, met the son of former United States President Ronald Reagan, and celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain of "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel. It has been exciting to meet these famous folks and I hope to keep my celebrity photo reel rolling!
Me with Preity Zinta in April 2014 in Edison, NJ



Me with Hillary Clinton in July 2014 in Ridgewood, NJ

No comments: