Today, workers in social services are found in many different professional settings and assist populations of all types with different services to meet basic needs including mental wellbeing, food, housing, and basic safety. As I am pursuing a Master of Social Work degree, I am volunteering in the field to support my career development. Being able to fully understand the desires of numerous sectors of these populations is facilitated by being able to communicate with them in their own language. Through volunteer experience, I have had the opportunity to assist clients in Spanish and translate calls from English into Hindi. Applying linguistic skills is an exciting part of developing my career!
Monday, September 19, 2016
Translation in Social Services
Today, workers in social services are found in many different professional settings and assist populations of all types with different services to meet basic needs including mental wellbeing, food, housing, and basic safety. As I am pursuing a Master of Social Work degree, I am volunteering in the field to support my career development. Being able to fully understand the desires of numerous sectors of these populations is facilitated by being able to communicate with them in their own language. Through volunteer experience, I have had the opportunity to assist clients in Spanish and translate calls from English into Hindi. Applying linguistic skills is an exciting part of developing my career!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment